Search found 2 matches
Search found 2 matches • Page 1 of 1
- Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:17 am
- Forum: Fruit Trees and Orchard Maintenance
- Topic: Old sawdust as mulch for new plantings?
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1506
I'm no expert, but I'd be *very* reluctant to use anything which is full of roots as a mulch. And if it's old sawdust, it's likely full of mold specific to the variety of tree the sawdust came from. Take a look at Tom Burford's "Apples of North America". He recommends adding about six inches of [goo...
- Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:20 am
- Forum: Apples, Cider and Variety and Other Fruit Questions
- Topic: new variety registry?
- Replies: 0
- Views: 1611
Good morning all. Two years ago I registered a new apple variety using: https://www.orangepippin.com/varietyrequest.aspx I entered all the details, but after two years the variety has not yet appeared anywhere at OrangePippin.com This was an apple tree I grew from seeds of a 19th century cider apple...