Sprayer

Moderator: appledude

Randy SGF

Sprayer

Post by Randy SGF »

Chuck here is a picture and a link to the one I have. It happens to be on sale
http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/ ... _200394108

The next size up has a larger pump so if you bought the optional agitator kit, it would work better but the the tank is larger. This is my first season with the sprayer so i can't say yet how durable it is with such little time on the pump. I can tell you it is so much easier than using a pump sprayer.

The practical low limit for the 10 gallon size would be say 1 1/2 gallons of spray mix and that would leave say 2 pints left in the tank because it is a long flat tank.

It will pray about three feet higher than the tip of your prayer with the spray pattern set at just above the point where it fogs to reduce drift.
Attachments

[The extension jpg has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

http://georgiahomeorchard.blogspot.com/

Georgia

Apple Trees:
Anna, Golden Dorsett, Jonagold, Fuji, Pink Lady, Golden Delicious, Winesap, Mutsu, Granny Smith, Williams Pride, Arkansas Black Cox Orange Pippen

Cherry Trees:
English Morello, NorthStar
Chuck Rhode

Re: Sprayer

Post by Chuck Rhode »

You must be planning to carry it on an ATV. Is that right?

21° — Wind N 9 mph — Sky overcast. Light snow.
Randy SGF

Post by Randy SGF »

It comes with a long hook up wire so I have put it in a small utility trailer I pull behind an old Snapper lawnmower tractor. The hook up wire goes to the tractor battery. The advantage of putting it in the trailer is a great place to quickly put down the spray hose.

I pull up next to the tree, get off the tractor then spray that half of the tree, then move on.

I also built a hand pull cart that has a place to put a lawn tractor battery with the tank. That works well too but I need to find a better way to store the hose.

The pump is on demand so the power usage is well with in a small 12VDC battery.

I should also note that the instructions say not for spraying oils like dormant oils.

I have sprayed with oils but not sure with the Viton parts in the pump if that is such a good idea but what are I am not sure any pump in the home orchard category is good for spraying oil. I only spray oil in the dormant season anyway

Randy
http://georgiahomeorchard.blogspot.com/

Georgia

Apple Trees:
Anna, Golden Dorsett, Jonagold, Fuji, Pink Lady, Golden Delicious, Winesap, Mutsu, Granny Smith, Williams Pride, Arkansas Black Cox Orange Pippen

Cherry Trees:
English Morello, NorthStar
Chuck Rhode

Post by Chuck Rhode »

Randy SGF wrote:I have put it in a small utility trailer I pull behind an old Snapper lawnmower tractor.
Thanks. That clarifies it.

13° — Wind NNW 5 mph