Cox's Orange Pippen

Moderator: appledude

Randy SGF

Cox's Orange Pippen

Post by Randy SGF »

I thought it might an interesting post to keep up with my Cox's Orange Pippen.

Here is the first picture. It was planted in February just after Valentine day.

The picture was Taken 3/1/12 Just after cutting it to 30" high.

Randy
Attachments

[The extension jpg has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

http://georgiahomeorchard.blogspot.com/

Georgia

Apple Trees:
Anna, Golden Dorsett, Jonagold, Fuji, Pink Lady, Golden Delicious, Winesap, Mutsu, Granny Smith, Williams Pride, Arkansas Black Cox Orange Pippen

Cherry Trees:
English Morello, NorthStar
Greyt.Chase

Re: Cox's Orange Pippen

Post by Greyt.Chase »

Very cool! I saw that photo on your blog yesterday (which, by the way, is a pretty cool blog). It's looking good. Waiting on my COP to come in, but they don't mail to 5b until mid April.
Randy SGF

Post by Randy SGF »

Well thank you. I started it to keep up with all it takes to grow fruit in the deep South. When you get your tree add a picture to this thread if you would like. I think that would be interesting.

Randy

Georgia

Apple Trees:
Anna, Golden Dorsett, Jonagold, Fuji, Pink Lady, Golden Delicious, Winesap, Mutsu, Granny Smith, Williams Pride, Arkansas Black Cox Orange Pippen

Cherry Trees:
Greyt.Chase

Post by Greyt.Chase »

I got my Cox's Orange Pippin in the ground, but it has no buds yet so i'm going to hold off a little longer. They were planted this past Sunday and another tree is starting to bud, so shouldn't be too far behind!.
PA_Docent

Post by PA_Docent »

I am looking forward to receipt of the one I ordered. You can see all my apple and plum trees on the orange pippin website. Mike
Calville Blc,Hewes,Nehou,Fearns P,Siberian,Cox OP,Spitz,Ananas Reinette,BdB,Kingston Blk,Tremlett's,Muscat de Bernay,Ashmead's,Rambo,Stayman,Macoun,Jefferis,Winesap,Red Berlepsch
OrangePippin-Richard

Post by OrangePippin-Richard »

Nice photo. Those feathers are typical of Cox, it will start feathering as soon as the new bud shoot has cleared the top of the rootstock!
Greyt.Chase

Post by Greyt.Chase »

My Cox's Orange Pippin is finally to a size that I was wanting to post it. It was planted on March 18th of this year. My only concern is that I clipped the top too much and didn't trim the feathers as much as I should have. I figure I can do this during the winter instead of right now...when it isn't growing.
Randy SGF

Post by Randy SGF »

Yes, I can see your tree is coming right along. I like the shape of these trees. Yhey are just about self training. I will try to post a picture of mine tomorrow.

Georgia

Apple Trees:

Cherry Trees: