apple pickers

Moderator: appledude

spankynh

apple pickers

Post by spankynh »

Hi All, Dont know if this is appropriate, if not I apologize, but I am looking for experienced apple pickers. The news paints a bleak picture for you folks and your apple crop, hope it is not as bad as they say!!!!! We are a 38 acre apple orchard in New Hampshire looking for apple pickers for this falls harvest. 1st of September till mid to late October. We have a bunkhouse so housing is available. Any interest please get back to me. Thanks for your time.

Thanks Harry Weiser
Hackleboro Orchards :mrgreen:
appledude

Re: apple pickers

Post by appledude »

Here is hoping you can get all the pickers you need!
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Harry,
Sorry you can't find pickers.

Here is the problem and solution.

The problem is that Americans are spoiled. they expect to live all day by having iPod headphones in their ears and the TV and internet entertaining them to no end.

You will never get pickers as long as there is unlimited unemployment benefits. Why should anyone look for work when the government will rob the people that work and give the money to those who will not work?

The solution: Phase out unemployment benefits over a 6 month period. End the minimum wage laws over a 6 month period. Doing this will get you all the pickers you need, and at the same time, people will learn the value of savings and work. Best of luck, Hugh
JeffNH

Post by JeffNH »

Long time lurker but thought I may as well join in the conversation :)

How did you get on with finding pickers in the end?