Codling Moth

Moderator: appledude

PA_Docent

Codling Moth

Post by PA_Docent »

Scab and codling moth are prevalent up here in PA.

I plan to use a square of finely knit nylon and wrap each apple/fruit just after flowering. I have read this procedure works against codling moth (and other bugs). I still have to search about how/if there is a prevention against scab. Any ideas?
Calville Blc,Hewes,Nehou,Fearns P,Siberian,Cox OP,Spitz,Ananas Reinette,BdB,Kingston Blk,Tremlett's,Muscat de Bernay,Ashmead's,Rambo,Stayman,Macoun,Jefferis,Winesap,Red Berlepsch
Hugh

Re: Codling Moth

Post by Hugh »

Yes, I have an idea. Using Nylon to wrap your apples is using a petroleum product which contributes to global warming! You are a believer in global warming, (according to your recent posts) so I suggest you pass on nylon. Nylon is a petroleum based chemical!

As far as codling moth goes, don’t they have Rights as well?

Also. I suggest you read the book, Integrated Pest Management for Apples and Pears, published by the U of Ca. Davis available here: http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/IPMPROJECT/A ... -pear.html

If you refer to this book, you will have no reason to ask questions or post on this forum for at least a year or two.
PA_Docent

Re: Codling Moth

Post by PA_Docent »

Thanks for the reference but it is no longer available! WIll check Amazon.
Calville Blc,Hewes,Nehou,Fearns P,Siberian,Cox OP,Spitz,Ananas Reinette,BdB,Kingston Blk,Tremlett's,Muscat de Bernay,Ashmead's,Rambo,Stayman,Macoun,Jefferis,Winesap,Red Berlepsch