APPLE PRICES

Moderator: appledude

okeefe

APPLE PRICES

Post by okeefe »

Just wondering what different orchards charge per pound for the sale of their heritage apples and pears..we were asking $2.00 per pound, however this may be a little low..our orchard is considered organic..thanks..Bill
PA_Docent

Re: APPLE PRICES

Post by PA_Docent »

Hi Bill - Around here in S. central PA, a half bushel of "regular" apples goes for 9.95. The only time I had the opportunity to purchase antique apples, I was speaking to the orchard owner about this website and mentioned my search for OP apples. He then proceeded into the freezer and brought out a half bushel of Orange Pippin apples that I immediately purchased for 13.95 last year (first time I ever tasted). Glad I did. Mike
Calville Blc,Hewes,Nehou,Fearns P,Siberian,Cox OP,Spitz,Ananas Reinette,BdB,Kingston Blk,Tremlett's,Muscat de Bernay,Ashmead's,Rambo,Stayman,Macoun,Jefferis,Winesap,Red Berlepsch
PA_Docent

Post by PA_Docent »

See http://www.pickyourown.org/apples.htm. They say to expect apple pricing at $14 to $30 a bushel depending on variety.
Calville Blc,Hewes,Nehou,Fearns P,Siberian,Cox OP,Spitz,Ananas Reinette,BdB,Kingston Blk,Tremlett's,Muscat de Bernay,Ashmead's,Rambo,Stayman,Macoun,Jefferis,Winesap,Red Berlepsch
SOME IDIOT

Post by SOME IDIOT »

I was at Wal-Mart the other day and they were charging $2.99lb for junk apples. Seeing as your local and organic you could charge at least twice that, but then again, their your apples so you can really charge whatever you want :D
PA_Docent

Post by PA_Docent »

Brown's Orchard is less than five miles from me. A pint basket of five large, common apples goes for $3.95 this year.