Apple Cider Vinegar

Moderator: appledude

lgreen

Post by lgreen »

hello all,
Yes, there have been whole books about the uses and benefits of apple cider vinegar. It is important to buy organic for such a medicinal product, no need to fight the chemicals.

It can help with issues like arthritis, water retention, weight management, acid reflux or poor digestion. It also makes wickedly good salad dressings, some like to have some in hot water with honey too.
zadienorris

Re: Apple Cider Vinegar

Post by zadienorris »

Apple cider vinegar is a type of vinegar made by the fermentation of apple cider. During this process, sugar in the apple cider is broken down by bacteria and yeast into alcohol and then into vinegar. Apple cider vinegar contains acetic acid and some lactic, citric and malic acids. Apple cider vinegar is a light yellow-brown color and is often sold unfiltered and unpasteurized with a dark, cloudy sediment called mother of vinegar settled at the bottom of the bottle.
jame123

Post by jame123 »

Apple cider vinegar has become popular as a “fat-burner” and as a natural appetite suppressant. In fact, there’s even an apple cider vinegar diet, which involves taking one to three teaspoons of apple cider vinegar or apple cider vinegar pills before each meal.

The earliest proponent of apple cider vinegar for weight loss was Jarvis, who wrote that people who consumed apple cider vinegar regularly would burn fat instead of store it. Although some say that the pectin, enzymes, vitamins, or potassium may help with weight loss, there is no reliable research showing that either apple cider vinegar or the combination of apple cider vinegar, kelp, vitamin B6 and lecithin can influence metabolic rate or the help us “burn fat” faster than we normally would.
smithamla

Post by smithamla »

Apple cider vinegar, otherwise known as cider vinegar or ACV, is a type of vinegar made from cider or apple must and has a pale to medium amber color. Unpasteurized or organic ACV contains mother of vinegar, which has a cobweb-like appearance and can make the vinegar look slightly congealed.
charlischarm

Post by charlischarm »

Apple cider vinegar has become popular as a “fat-burner” and as a natural appetite suppressant.
aldo18567

Post by aldo18567 »

The information is very interesting. Now I'm interested in the properties of vinegar.
man12345

Post by man12345 »

All that is written on the label is that its apple cider vinegar made of water and apple juice from concentrate and has 5% acidity. This is the only brand i could lay my hands on. Will it help as much as the organic variety would. I think it would be impossible to find the organic one here in India. I am using it to reduce weight. Will this be as helpful?