Our trip to Ralphs cider festival in Wales last October.

Moderator: appledude

Bodger

Our trip to Ralphs cider festival in Wales last October.

Post by Bodger »

Have a look at the start to our weekend on this thread. :thumbup:

http://overthegate.myfreeforum.org/about10947.html

The first thing to say, is how friendly everyone was at the festival and that this was before they'd had a drink. I had some really interesting and informative conversations. I'd go again. :smile:

We parked up in a field and admired the views.

Some of the orchards.

The landscape was possibly a little bleak and exposed for the apple trees. Apparently, they buy in quite a lot of their apples from over the border in Hereford.

Ralph has an extensive collection of cider making equipment. Even the the equipment that he later showed us working were collectors items.

Enjoy the pictures. :thumbup:

A sprayer for use in the orchards.

A scratter. The chap in the green overalls was our host from the previous night.

Just one of many old presses that Ralph has saved.

The old apple crusher.

There was a terrific atmosphere in the place, possibly helped by the bar. :wine:

and a terrific pig roast.

That crackling was to die for. :thumbup:

I even bumped into Glyn Smith there. He was the man rfom Erddig who ran the course that I went to on apple tree pruning one bitterly cold winters day last February.

http://overthegate.myfreeforum.org/abou ... ght=erddig

My teeth start to chatter just thinking about that day. :smile:

Ralphs cider was excellent, unfortunately, I drank the stuff that I bought last night and now its all gone. :drunk:
www.overthegate.co.uk
sandra

Post by sandra »

Welcome to Triple-A, Bodger.

Thank you so much for sharing beautiful photos of the Welsh countryside, the informative (and amusing) 'travelogue,' and links to your chat-board back home.

Iechyd da! Image