question for Appledude Apple pear hybrid

Moderator: appledude

macmanmatty

question for Appledude Apple pear hybrid

Post by macmanmatty »

I noted that You have an apple hybrid and have many questions about it. Does it fruit? What pollinates it? apples or pears or both? How does it taste? Have any pictures of it? What would be a good rootstock for it? And the most important question Got scion wood?
appledude

Re: question for Appledude Apple pear hybrid

Post by appledude »

Sorry to take so long to answer this one.

Yes it fruits, but nothing spectacular. Small and a little crabby, but juicy. I ate some a few years ago, but have had much better eating from my other wild finds.

What pollinates it? Ya got me! I am thinking pears will, because the specimen I got mine from is in a pear orchard, but who knows. My one limb of it is in a little too much shade of other trees and has not fruited.

No pics of it, but I might arrange for some pics this coming fall if I can remember. Seems like it is a lighter yellow or green fruit.

I use simple seedling rootstocks for it, but I think the specimen tree is mounted on pear. Would have to double check that though.
appledude

Re: question for Appledude Apple pear hybrid

Post by appledude »

macmanmatty wrote: And the most important question Got scion wood?
If you would like some scions of this, shoot me your mailing details via PM and I will send you a few sticks.

If you are still interested, that is!