Enterprise apple, Wealthy

Moderator: appledude

Andrew

Enterprise apple, Wealthy

Post by Andrew »

Anyone familiar with these apples in general, was looking to get scion wood possibly at the end of winter. They seem like very good all around apples. My zone is 5a-6b - western MD.
Chuck Rhode

Re: Enterprise apple, Wealthy

Post by Chuck Rhode »

Andrew wrote:Anyone familiar with these apples in general, was looking to get scion wood possibly at the end of winter. They seem like very good all around apples. My zone is 5a-6b - western MD.
I'm in 3b in eastern Wisconsin. I have twenty trees of various kinds. Wealthy is the most prolific bearer of all. ... and the apples aren't bad, either. Contact me here in Feb for scionwood.
mmi

Post by mmi »

Skipley

Post by Skipley »

Enterprise is scab-free, late here in W. Washington and a clean solid keeper. Not a lot a flavor and a thick skin but yeah for keeping quality, still crisp and juicy stored at 45 deg average in my garage. Heavy bearing, vigorous. one thing I like about Enterprise is I believe it really has a very low off-gassing that I think attracts apple maggot, so No apple maggot!! High aroma apples while immature are like magnets to Maggots--I'd like to hear about this conjecture from others, needs a post eh?
Wealthy is our local heritage orchards' number one tree (most of the orchard is planted to them) They are scab-free, tasty, fair keepers, consistent bearing, a little soft for my pallette.