where to get young sapling apple trees in Eastern Ontario

Moderator: appledude

CUSoon

where to get young sapling apple trees in Eastern Ontario

Post by CUSoon »

I live in Eastern Ontario and own a 100 acre farm. I would like to plant a small orchard of apple trees about 1- 2 acres worth. Is there a supplier of young fruit trees that I can purchase from instead of going to the local Canadian Tire store where they seem to be rather costly.

any advice would be helpful, thanks.
PA_Docent

Re: where to get young sapling apple trees in Eastern Ontari

Post by PA_Docent »

Give "Trees of Antiquity" or the OP website a try. They both possess a large variety of desireable apple trees. Ask them if they can deliver to Canada.
Calville Blc,Hewes,Nehou,Fearns P,Siberian,Cox OP,Spitz,Ananas Reinette,BdB,Kingston Blk,Tremlett's,Muscat de Bernay,Ashmead's,Rambo,Stayman,Macoun,Jefferis,Winesap,Red Berlepsch
Greyt.Chase

Post by Greyt.Chase »

CUSoon wrote:I live in Eastern Ontario and own a 100 acre farm. I would like to plant a small orchard of apple trees about 1- 2 acres worth. Is there a supplier of young fruit trees that I can purchase from instead of going to the local Canadian Tire store where they seem to be rather costly.

any advice would be helpful, thanks.
You might want to talk to a nursery. Put down a deposit for trees a year or two out. Let them get the trees to at least one year whip before you plant. You should be able to dictate a lot of what you want and get a good price if you try to do that.
OrangePippin-Richard

Post by OrangePippin-Richard »

Try Siloam Orchards, near Newmarket. They sell trees too. Most US-based suppliers can't ship to Canada because of phytosanitary restrictions.