Best Way to Prune Fruit Hedges/Trees?

Moderator: appledude

fdot

Best Way to Prune Fruit Hedges/Trees?

Post by fdot »

Hello, I was wondering what suggestions people have on pruning the taller branches on bushes/trees that you can't reach easily by hand? I suffer a bit with my bank so I'm not a fan of climbing ladders particularly, plus I'm not the best with heights. Are there any good tools you can use that are effective at getting those high branches without putting too much strain on the back? Thanks.
fdot

Re: Best Way to Prune Fruit Hedges/Trees?

Post by fdot »

Does anyone have any experience with long-reach hedge trimmers? I came across some last night at this for sale website in Ireland. I wasn't aware that you could get hedge trimmers with extensions and different add-ons. This could be the answer to my problems, however, I'm not sure how well they'll cut through thicker branches. There are some on the site that are petrol powered and appear to have saw fittings that you can attach and they'll act more like a chainsaw I suppose. If anyone has had experience with these and can recommend a model, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
fdot

Re: Best Way to Prune Fruit Hedges/Trees?

Post by fdot »

Been tied-up these last few weeks, did anyone have any experience using these long-reach trimmers? I'm quite keen to get stuck into the garden again now. Thanks.