Menomonie,WI in need of the following for chip bud grafting.

Moderator: appledude

Apple Poor

Menomonie,WI in need of the following for chip bud grafting.

Post by Apple Poor »

I am a newbe to this. I have 16-4 year old trees and just ordered 25-M9 rootstocks that I want to grow on a high trellis. After much reasearch I would like to chip bud the following on my rootstock- 5 Wolf River, 5 Williams Pride, 5 Freedom, 5 Zestar and 5 Liberty. I dont have any of those trees! If anyone could help or guide me in the right direction I would be greatful.
SOME IDIOT

Re: Menomonie,WI in need of the following for chip bud graft

Post by SOME IDIOT »

This should have most of what you want.
http://www.maplevalleyorchards.com/Pages/ScionWood.aspx

Although I will say, I got 2 wolf rivers from on sale from raintree, and they were the best 2 well feathered trees I have ever gotten though the mail.

raintreenursery.com
Apple Poor

Post by Apple Poor »

I did talk to him at Maple Valley and he mainly sells scions for bench grafting in spring. That was my impression anyway. I dont think he would have a problem if I drove to his place, I just dont want to drive 5 hours for chip buds.
Greyt.Chase

Post by Greyt.Chase »

Apple Poor wrote:I did talk to him at Maple Valley and he mainly sells scions for bench grafting in spring. That was my impression anyway. I dont think he would have a problem if I drove to his place, I just dont want to drive 5 hours for chip buds.
I was going to suggest you drive over there, but realized that Menominee WI and Menominee MI are not connected, other than in name and it wasn't as close as I had first thought.