Hello?

Moderator: appledude

Tennessee Dave

Hello?

Post by Tennessee Dave »

Is any one out there? Geez it's been really quiet around here lately. The only new posts I have seen have been from spammers. Hope every one is doing well and the apples are growing.
PA_Docent

Re: Hello?

Post by PA_Docent »

Hi Dave, I have started posting/visiting again. Check my posts on Magness pear, Ananas Reinette, and Nehou. My apple trees are doing well this year. Four apple and two crab apple trees have set fruit. Mike
Calville Blc,Hewes,Nehou,Fearns P,Siberian,Cox OP,Spitz,Ananas Reinette,BdB,Kingston Blk,Tremlett's,Muscat de Bernay,Ashmead's,Rambo,Stayman,Macoun,Jefferis,Winesap,Red Berlepsch
Greyt.Chase

Post by Greyt.Chase »

I noticed how quiet it was around here as well. I thought things would have ramped up more in the late winter, but they didn't. Richard comes on and answers questions people have, but the community isn't chatty.
martensite

Post by martensite »

Update....I currently grow Honeycrisp and Liberty apples....fantastic growing here in West Seneca, NY outside of Buffalo. Weather was perfect for pollination this year after a terrible frost killed off buds last spring. Plenty of heat and rain and they are @ 1" diameter at the moment. Am spraying at 10 day intervals...no insects or diseases as of yet...perfect leaves. Fertilized this spring with15,15,15 fertilizer along drip line. Trees are @ 8 feet high.Hope everyone is having good growing conditions as well. Best regards, Mark L. :D
Greyt.Chase

Post by Greyt.Chase »

It's similar on other sites I have visited. On the fruitcommunity.com website, the guy who started the site replies to my posts (which I do about once a month). So you could go over there and read all five of my posts! :lol:

Start the sixth thread! hahaha!
PA_Docent

Post by PA_Docent »

Great growing weather on the east coast also. Much rain (I hope not too much). My five Calville Blanc apples (firs time bearing) are about 2.3-3" in diameter and two are starting to blush red however still light green; normally these are yellow apples. Are they ready to pick? The OP website indicates others have picked theirs as soon as Sept - a month away. I think I will wait until at least Sept and see if they start turning yellow.
Ace

Post by Ace »

Chirp, chirp, chirp