Poor Customer Care at Bayne's Apple Farm (Michigan)

Moderator: appledude

Applelover40

Poor Customer Care at Bayne's Apple Farm (Michigan)

Post by Applelover40 »

I have been an apple lover for years and can always appreciate a good cider mill and apple farm. However, me and a friend recently visited Bayne's Apple Farm in Freeland, MI (Saginaw county) and got the insult of a lifetime when 15 minutes into our visit we notice the local police following us around the store. We initially didn't think anything of it, me and my friend are both law-biding citizens without criminal histories. I personally have a MBA and work for the Federal Courts.

After purchasing our goods and getting in our car we were approached by 3 officers and told that a manager called to report "2 suspicious looking black men in the store.(of course we were the only two African Americans in the store that day)" we were made to show ID and answer questions. after finding nothing on our records they admitted the store manager overreacted. Noone from the store offered us an apology or tried to clear things up.

We were highly offended by this. This so called Apple Farm is not even big enough to be considered an apple farm and had a very small variety of products. They didn't even have apple butter( how does a apple farm not have apple butter??) There are tons of better Apple farms in Michigan...Don't spend money at this racist poorly stocked place.