Where to Purchase Supplies in Michigan.

Moderator: appledude

davidris

Where to Purchase Supplies in Michigan.

Post by davidris »

Where do I purchase Traps, Fungicides and Pesticides in Michigan? I have been calling around and cant even locate codling moth traps. I live 20 miles from Romeo Michigan where there is nothing bu orchards. Seems strange the elevators dont even have them. Thanks for help from anyone in Michigan that can help.
sandra

Re: Where to Purchase Supplies in Michigan.

Post by sandra »

davidris wrote:Where do I purchase Traps, Fungicides and Pesticides in Michigan? I have been calling around and can't even locate codling moth traps.

Where, exactly, have you been calling? Have you contacted any of the growers in your area? They may be able to help.
I live 20 miles from Romeo Michigan where there is nothing but orchards.

Then surely there must be a farmer's co-operative or perhaps a farm-and-feed store within reasonable driving distance. You should be able to find supplies there.

Codling moth [pheromone] traps are available from a variety of common commercial outlets such as hardware stores and garden centers. They may also be ordered online.

MSU's Extension could probably point you in the right direction, too -

Best luck :)
tkuntz

Re: Where to Purchase Supplies in Michigan.

Post by tkuntz »

For traps and other orchard supplies:
Oescoinc.com
or
Gemplers.com

If you have a pesticide applicators license other growers should be able to point you to an ag chemical dealer in your area.

If you do not have a license, I would also recommend MSU extension.