Red flesh Apple scion

Moderator: appledude

looking27292

Red flesh Apple scion

Post by looking27292 »

I'm going to attempt bench grafting for the first time this year. I have seen the red flesh apples and wondering if anybody has some scion to sell or be willing to give away.?
DuckyDave

Re: Red flesh Apple scion

Post by DuckyDave »

I have two bench grafts of ref-fleshed apples from Maple Valley Orchards in Wisconsin: Winekist and Redfield. Bought in winter of '14 and planted that April, the Winekist bloomed this season and produced two flawless 2 x 2 inch fruit.

Ooops, forgot to see if you are in the States or in the UK. If in the States I recommend contacting Derek Hills at fourseasons.com. He is in Ohio, and has perhaps the largest red fleshed collection than any other private individual. His scions prices are excellent.

If you are in the UK, see if Nigel Deacon at suttonelms.org might cut you some scions. He has quite a list of red fleshed apples, too.
CaliforniaPoppy

Post by CaliforniaPoppy »

DuckyDave wrote:I have two bench grafts of ref-fleshed apples from Maple Valley Orchards in Wisconsin: Winekist and Redfield. Bought in winter of '14 and planted that April, the Winekist bloomed this season and produced two flawless 2 x 2 inch fruit.

Ooops, forgot to see if you are in the States or in the UK. If in the States I recommend contacting Derek Hills at fourseasons.com. He is in Ohio, and has perhaps the largest red fleshed collection than any other private individual. His scions prices are excellent.

If you are in the UK, see if Nigel Deacon at suttonelms.org might cut you some scions. He has quite a list of red fleshed apples, too.
I, too, am interested in getting scionwood for red-fleshed apples. I tried fourseasons.com, but it is a hotel/resort site. Do you have other contact info for Derek Hills?
jerry_hudgins

Post by jerry_hudgins »

You can request a variety list from Derek Mills at: Derekcs2005@aol.com

He has an old and likely not up-to-date website here:

http://www.fourseasonscabinrental.com/h ... chard.html
CaliforniaPoppy

Post by CaliforniaPoppy »

Thank you!