What kind of apple trees should i invest in?

Moderator: appledude

applepip16

What kind of apple trees should i invest in?

Post by applepip16 »

Hello!

I live in Ontario and I have recently moved to a new house. I cant wait to get started with the garden, I have a herb garden and there are some wild flowers already that I will prune and keep as they are lovely! Along with a few other other things I want to do. I would love to get some apple trees for my garden and there are alot of varieties and things to consider I know. I am looking to buy Apple tree seeds to plant. I have found that in Canada these types are typically grown: Gala, McIntosh, Spartan, Cortland, Empire, Delicious, Idared, Golden Russet, Golden Delicious, Crispin (Mutsu), and Northern Spy. What are the most reliable grows and tastiest in peoples opinions? I am even considering getting a 2/3 varieties if this is possible ? I have a large area to turn into an orchard. WE are even considering buying extra land that is free and behind our garden if needs be. So space is not an issue. We plan on being in this house for a while. So i want to invest in the apple trees. Would be so great to have them for juices and eating the fruits of our labour! thanks in advance for any tips!
bergeron55

Re: What kind of apple trees should i invest in?

Post by bergeron55 »

Hello.I can recommend you Gala,Golden Delicious and Spartan.I really like taste of these apples.Idared has a bad taste.If you want excellent taste then you should try Rubín or Admiral (Czech varieties).For me Rubín is best apple in the world ! Or you can try Jonagold,Orion,Gravenstein,Topaz,Rubinola.
tigerbaby

Post by tigerbaby »

I would disagree that IdaRed has a bad taste. It isn't my favorite, but I wouldn't call it bad. :)

Golden Russet is a really nice one that I would think do well for you. Fameuse (Snow Apple), Northern Spy, Northwest Greening, and Cortland should also be hardy enough for Ontario. (I'm guessing you're not in the far north part of the province...)
Arjoopandey

Post by Arjoopandey »

At least two apple trees of different varieties that bloom at the same time are required for proper pollination. Planting two McIntosh apple trees won’t do. You have to match one McIntosh with a compatible apple variety, say a Northern Spy or Honeycrisp. To ensure proper pollination, plant two semi-dwarf varieties at least 50 feet apart; plant dwarf trees less than 20 feet apart. You should also invest in sandalwood forming it's also the best option to earn money because it's very rare forming and costly. In Hindi, sandalwood is alluded to as 'Chandan'. The wood of the sandalwood tree is a kind of dull yellow in shading and heavier than generally woods. The tree itself can take as long as 80 years to arrive at full development and it holds its aroma from numerous years. The world's aroma industry has generally been a noteworthy purchaser of top evaluation Sandalwood oil, similar to the restorative fundamental oil industry and the incense exchange makes great employments of the lower evaluation of Sandalwood items. Sandalwood farming is being found constantly and the future advancements offered by this energizing industry are certain, practical and valuable.